Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling-based martial art whose central theme is the skill of controlling an opponent in ways that force him or her to submit. The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu technique is centered round the skill of taking an opponent down to the ground and wrestling for dominant control positions from where the opponent can be rendered harmless. To control and overcome an opponent’s greater size and strength is accomplished by using superior leverage, grip and position. Students of the sport gain a deep understanding of the workings and limits of the human body.
At EvolveAll, our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program is led by Cesar Cabrera who earned his black belt from the world-renowned Renzo Gracie in New York. Members seeking to understand mixed martial arts, learn self-defense, and have a greater awareness of his/her bodies will benefit from learning the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Meet Our Instructors
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Coach
WHETHER IT’S YOUR FIRST OR 100TH CLASS. PLEASE REMEMBER:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling martial art. There are no punches, kicks or strikes.
- DO NOT be late. First time students who are late will not be allowed to join the class.
- DO call or email ahead of time if you plan to attend or watch a class for the first time.
- DO NOT WEAR SHOES ON THE MAT, but ALWAYS wear shoes/slippers off the mat.
- HYGIENE IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR BJJ PRACTICE. ALWAYS shower, trim nails and wash all training gear before every class.
- DO NOT attend class if you are sick or have any skin infections.
- ALWAYS remove all jewelry, watches and step counters before class.
I’ve studied under Cesar every time I’ve had the chance over the last five years, and benefited enormously from his teaching. As a smaller person I’ve loved his technical perspective. As a human, Cesar has really helped me to grow as a person through the art of Jiu jitsu, which, as he teaches it, is truly an all-encompassing form of self defense and high level grappling.Daniel Finn Metcalf
I’ve known Cesar for few years now and I can say with all certainty that he is one of the best teachers that I have met in my life of MA. Not only you can get a good insight into technical aspect of this subtle and brainy art but also into its philosophy and life application. The man has talent for teaching; sometimes in an hour session you can get months worth of material whether you are new to it or already spent some years studying. His classes are always challenging and enlightening.Dimitri Vesensky