Yoga at EvolveAll
The yoga program at Evolve All is unique because we are trained and grounded in the traditions but have adapted our practice to be current, relevant and safe. The classes are accessible to everybody and every body! We are constantly learning and adapting to our members’ needs.
CHIKARA – Strengthen: An energetic yoga practice to improve strength, stamina and flexibility.
- Slightly faster pace, higher intensity than Sosei and Antei yoga.
- Flow yoga, so more continuous movement rather than holding poses.
- Benefits include stress release, strength building and a great workout.
ANTEI – Balance: A multi-level class to stretch, strengthen and relax.
- More focus on flexibility, stretching and balance with a medium intensity.
- Designed to challenge yet quiet the body as to leave the participent feeling relaxed and balanced.
SOSEI – Relax and Rejuvenate: A slow flow yoga to recover stability, flexibility and restore balance.
- More focused on pose breakdown with lower intensity, which is great for beginners.
- Classes focus on stability, stretching and muscle recovery.
- Stamina is less necessary for this class.
- During this class the instructor may stop the flow to give additional details on poses.
SEISHI (Stillness) – Complete Relaxation: A class designed to relax, de-stress and unwind.
- An opportunity to “un-plug” and “let go.”
- Includes myo-fascial release and gentle stretching.
- Sound and guided meditations as well as Savasana.
Cardi – Yoga (Tabata)
TABATA – A sweaty High Intensity Interval Training class consisting of 20 second work intervals and 10 second rest intervals for 8 rounds.
- Very fast-paced, sweat inducing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) using Tabata timing.
- Body weight, yoga-inspired moves combined with training style cardio moves
- Workout can be modified to fit all fitness levels.
- Benefits include metabolic boost and gains in strength, stamina and cardiovascular fitness.
Please join us for a relaxing afternoon of gentle yoga, myo-fascial release, meditation, relaxation, refreshments and MORE! This two hour event will leave you feeling refreshed, relaxed and in good company - a great way to start your week! $20 for non-members/$16 for...
EvolveAll and BrickHaus are teaming up to provide a Yoga Happy Hour February 18th! The Brickhaus has a wonderful space right on the corner of Columbia Pike and Walter Reed in Arlington VA. It will be held up stairs for about 45 minutes, and we can go back downstairs...
Please Join Sarah and Jen for this fun community building event! Call or email Evolve All at 703-585-4325 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up in person to reserve your spot. Ages 16 and up welcome, over 21 to consume...
Tried yoga this morning at Evolve All and it was everything I had hoped for. The Wednesday morning class is restorative, meaning slower paced and really focusing on correct form. Jen, the teacher was welcoming and helped me with poses–I am returning to yoga after a long absence. Today’s class was free and I’ll be taking advantage of the drop in option in the coming weeks–evening and weekend classes don’t fit my schedule right now so the weekday morning is perfect. It sounds like they have tons of other classes (like Brazilian jiu-jitsu) that I’d love to try in the future. Your first class of each variety is free, so you’re able to try classes you’re not sure about. So glad I finally have a yoga place!R. W.
Just tried the yoga class at Evolve All…. Awesome! I’ve taken many a yoga class at many a yoga studio but I definitely liked that this was not a typical yoga studio. The atmosphere was casual and everyone in the class seemed to have a smile to welcome anyone walking into the class that day. It was just… comfortable.
The class wasn’t easy but Sarah, the instructor, took the time to teach modifications for every pose. More than anything I appreciated that she encouraged everyone to listen to their bodies and to be “where you are today”. No pressure for a perfect pose, just a willing attitude to try your personal best that day.
You can’t beat their class prices, drop ins elsewhere in the area are mucho $$$. And to make it even sweeter, they let you try your first class FREE! Everyone loves free, I know I do!
I plan to continue classes with Sarah at the Evolve All studio. It’s a great environment with an even better community of people.